- Citizens not only have a right to vote, but the right to receive transparent and accountable information to inform their votes.
- Businesses become efficient because laws force them to be transparent and accountable to their shareholders and customers. Citizens, as shareholders and customers of government, must demand government to be transparent and accountable to us under the same laws.
- Informed citizens will make better decisions to control government than cloistered politicians, political parties, special interests, or other elite groups.
- Politicians are not incentivized to be transparent and accountable, and will do so only if informed citizens demand it.
- Structured transparency and accountability for democratic governments is the next evolution of society, on par with two key earlier societal evolutions: democracy and free markets.
Do you like this page?